Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Paint Chip Art

Lots Of Love


This is a really cool piece I made with paint chips. It was a very cheap project and it looks so nice hanging on the wall. I went to Michaels and of course using a coupon bought a big shadow box. I actually wanted one even bigger than this but this was the biggest one I could find.

Then I had fun and went to Home Depot. Well actually first I printed out a heart shape that I liked so I made sure I got big enough paint chips. I knew I wanted to make my project rainbow colored so I just grabbed paint chips in the colors I wanted and if you can tell from the picture the colors are actually all different and go from dark to light. I had a row of pink too but I didn't have room for them but thats ok.

Paint chips are free and they have a billion of them at Home Depot so no one cares if you take a few.

When I got home I traced my template onto the paint chips with a silver sharpie. When I cut the hearts out the silver shows on the edges a little bit which actually looks nice because it has a little bit of a shimmer in the light.

To look like they are 3D all you have to do is fold the hearts in half and when glueing just put glue on that folded part. They will stick out when they are dry and give a neat illusion.

Then just let it dry, close up the frame, hang it up and there ya go, you just made your house even more beautiful!

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment