Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Pink mosaic vase

Pink Mosaic Vase

One of my favorite past times is mosaics. I just love how there is no wrong way to mosaic something. You don't have to be a good artist or know how to draw or paint or anything like that. You can put all your pieces on a surface and it will always look good!

I made this around a year ago and I love it. Actually, I should have cleaned it a little better before I took the picture but I was just so eager to share it!

I first bought a vase from the dollar store. One of the best places to buy glass vases. Nice and cheap! Then I bought a big sheet of glass that was pink, purple and blue kind of all swirled and mixed together which makes the vase look really pretty. I cut up the glass randomly with a glass cutter and just started gluing. Gluing on a round surface is actually pretty tricky because glass will slide down the vase. I had to glue a little strip and wait for it to dry, twist it and glue a little more and the same process over and over again!

Sounds pretty time consuming but Wellbond glue is the best and it doesn't take too long to dry. The top little section I used smaller pieces of glass because it was a small section.

The best part of the vase is the hot pink grout! This picture doesn't even do the vase justice because it really is hot pink! Now, when changing the color of grout there is better paint than others to use which I'm sure you can google but ehhhh. I just got some random hot pink paint from school and mixed it in. The more pink the better.

Nothing can be too pink! 

When mixing paint into grout you have to be careful because the paint takes the place of some of the water but you just mix a little of this and a little of that and it will be great.

The pink, purple, blue vase with hot pink grout is complete! Oh and putting some big bright flowers in the vase makes it look even better

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment